It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 am Advanced search

Docking Lights

Your old Riva electrical system can be a challenge. If it runs on electricity pose your questions and offer your advice here.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Docking Lights

Postby africantiger » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:33 pm

I ordered and obtained a set of docking lights and wish to fit them to my Olympic, anybody know or can suggets how far from the front of the boat they should be and how much under the edge of the top deck?
Thanks
africantiger

Re: Docking Lights

Postby Don Ayers » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Have you seen any other Olympics with docking lights for an example of location??
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby africantiger » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Yes, one in Ibiza Spain and the other in St Tropez. both are listed for sale on the net and have the lights.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
africantiger

Postby Terry » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:16 am

Hi,
I was at Peter Freebody's yard yesterday and spotted an Olympic. Remembering this post I lifted the edge of the cover and discovered docking lights! I didn't have a tape measure with me and Richard Freebody was busy with customers so I took a rough measurement using my Iphone 5 (in it's rubber case) as a gauge. From the top of the chrome bezel to the underside of the deck plank was exactly one length: so 5 inches. From the front of the bezel to the bow, measuring in a line parallel to the deck was 4 and a quarter lengths making 21.25 inches. I know this isn't very scientific but it will give you an idea of where they should be. Alternatively, you could give Richard a call on +44 1628 824382 and ask him if he would measure it for you.
I hope this helps.
Terry
Terry

Postby africantiger » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Thanks for the info
africantiger

Return to Electrical Systems