It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:17 pm Advanced search

VDO Help

If it's in the cockpit or has anything to do with interiors, hoods, or sunbeds, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

VDO Help

Postby fudi50 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:36 pm

I am in desperate need of VDO instrument pictures after waiting for two orr three months a potential source has been unable to come up with pictures, so if any member has access to an instrument panel under restoration that can give me pictures I would indeed be indebited. My ideal pictures would be of individual instruments
fudi50

Re: VDO Help

Postby boatmanscm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:08 pm

not sure but maybe this can help. or at least a reply.
Hope this helps if it does I have more and can get them to you , if you need.
After looking at the photo I wonder if the restore for headlights might clear the plastic on steering wheel. Has anyone tried ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boatmanscm

Postby fudi50 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:22 pm

I thank you for at least the reply, unfortunately it does not help me I am building a 1/4 scale model boat my dash and all the fittings bezels Ect are made I just need pictures of VDO instrument dials for completion , I had a promiss of pictures months ago but I think I was being strung along.
The problem with pictures taken with the dash in place on a boat the steering wheel, Fwd Rvr , sunlight obscure dials thus reproduction is a problem.
I have sent e-mails around the world asking for help from instrument restoration people from boat owners just about every where you can think of, you are one of 4 that responded so again thank you.
FYI my model has been under construction off and on since 2006 all the metal fittings are made of brass polished and chrome plated as are the originals a true labor of love for these boats
The Brit
fudi50

Postby boatmanscm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Your welcome ,
Did you click the photo itself ,I was able to enlarge the photo and the insterments very clear. I used Picasa photo , from google . The pictures are 6mpx or ?
And I just offer as support .
Good luck , will have access to some riva's try and remember to take some close up. Can not promise .
boatmanscm

Postby fudi50 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi,
Yes thank you
I did enlarge to 150% but still only one instrument is unobstructed, my model is of the last 1971 " Super Ariston" Carlo built before selling his company, of course if you happen accross photo's I thank you in advance
David AKA The Brit
fudi50

Return to Cockpit Interiors