It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:54 am Advanced search

Pre made kit

If it's in the cockpit or has anything to do with interiors, hoods, or sunbeds, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Pre made kit

Postby boatmanscm » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:26 am

A little advice for anyone ordering pre-made upholstery. Do not take for granted that they know what you want. Send pictures of seats and colors when making any order. Ask for sample cuts of each colors to check for correctness .
We waited 5 months and 2 weeks before the show they arrived.
Too bad they were completly incorrect. The stiching was loose . DOUBLE SEAMS WERE ONLY SEWN ONCE, COLOR AND MATERIALS WERE NOT CORRECT. EVEN HAD PROBLEMS WITH WRONG COLOR WELTING IN SEATS, AND NO TORQUISE ALONG BOTTOM OF CUSHIONS.
I DO HAVE A GOOD POINT ON THE KIT, IT WAS THE FIRST ONE THAT CUT THE CRASH PAD IN THE SHAPE OF THE BOAT . LOOKED STRANGE COMPRED TO ALL THE STRAIGHT CUT PLEATED VINYLS, I HAVE USED BEFORE. But it layed down perfectly, no gathers in corners, The worst part was the transom crossover corners. And they are always tuff to finish neatly.
Having done over 20 plus Rivas /complete or particals , this problem has happened more than I care to count.
We got HER done for the show, I made all the seats from scratch. IN 2 WEEKS AND INSTALLED . Mostly due to the fantastic team at NWCB, they made a nice boat beautiful .Tiger #333
boatmanscm

Return to Cockpit Interiors