It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 am Advanced search

Seat construction for Riva Aquarama

If it's in the cockpit or has anything to do with interiors, hoods, or sunbeds, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Seat construction for Riva Aquarama

Postby Ollie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:04 am

Hi,
Unfortunately the front seat in my aquarama are not original, and since I am renovating the boat I would like to return to "original" ...
Anyone has pictures or even measurements / patterns / drawings of the seats for an aquarama?

Thanks
Ollie

Re: Seat construction for Riva Aquarama

Postby Don Ayers » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Ollie;

Would you share what year and number AQ so we can find someone with the right original seats.

Thanks

Don
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby Ollie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 am

Don, thanks for the interest, it from 1965, hull number 71.

/Ollie
Ollie

Postby martinfeletto » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Ollie - the front seats on a series one Aquarama are extremely complex - the construction, fit, hardware, and upolstery. Given some time I can suppply many pictures but my recomendation would be to contact RAM and see if they have any seats, or can make the basic seat for you and supply the hardware. I have just finished going through the complete interior of Super Aquarama 140 and speak from experience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martinfeletto

Postby Ollie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:19 am

I feared this answer …
From what I can see they look very complicated, but I know a cabinet-maker turned into boat builder who want to give it a try as long as I could provide pictures/drawings ... The idea was that I would assist (like to do as much as possible my self) so at least get my fingers somewhat dirty ;)

/Ollie
Ollie

Postby boatmanscm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:49 am

Ollie, I have a few pics from some Riva's I have upholstered. Have many more just not what I would call copy friendly. as no measurements . But if you have something to work from it may help. Let me know if I can help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boatmanscm

Postby Ollie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:58 am

Thanks boatmanscm
We are pretty much starting from scratch ... the only thing that seems original is the lower base, but I am not even sure, so pictures, copy friendly or not will heap a great deal, please send as many as possible...
Thanks
Ollie

Return to Cockpit Interiors