It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:03 pm Advanced search

Windshield wiper arm wanted!

If you are looking for specific Riva boat parts post here. Please read the RULES first!

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Windshield wiper arm wanted!

Postby Don Ayers » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:46 am

Hello;

I am in need of the early type of windshield wiper arm for my 1959 AR 266. Can anyone help? See picture of same type from 1959 Super Florida.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Re: Windshield wiper arm wanted!

Postby Rich » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:53 am

Hi Don, I just went through my old parts box and remembered that someone told me the arm was very much like one from an old Volvo Amazon (maybe a PV, I don’t remember). I bought one and the arm looks very much like the one in your photo. The wiper shaft would need a handmade part to fit between it and the arm though. I hope this helps. Let me know if you find a source for an origional. I am looking for one too. Rich
Rich

Postby Don Ayers » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks Rich,

The real problem is the small "collet" that screws into the arm and fits the shaft of the motor. Very hard to find.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby Rich » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:00 am

I just made a drawing of one last night that I purchased 10 years ago. I cannot guarantee the quality as it is a reproduction part.

Rich
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rich

Return to "WANTED"