It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:53 pm Advanced search

RHS Sarnico Celebration

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

RHS Sarnico Celebration

Postby Don Ayers » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:21 am

This thread is where we will post all information regarding the event in Sarnico, Italy and RHS inscription 8-31-12 to 9-3-12.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Re: RHS Sarnico Celebration

Postby Don Ayers » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Details from RHS on the Riva Days event
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby Eric T. » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:02 pm

For those that are planning on going... The Cocoa Hotel is going to be the central hotel where RHS is based out of. If you get your reservations in early ... you will get a room there... I highly recommend this option.

The event itself is staged from the Lido, just down the road from the Hotel, past the Riva factory and Ram.

Walking on the road from the hotel to the Lido, no sidewalks, can be very dangerous and I do not recommend it.

I just visited the site last week and had dinner with Piero and Mariella in Milan to discuss the event.

There is plenty of parking at the Lido for the event and at all the different venues as well.

Milan Malpensa (MXP) is the closest major airport.

Easy in/out.

Recommend that do NOT connect in an American airport if possible... fly from Europe to your final destination to avoid connection difficulties and needing to claim baggage at the first USA port of entry and going through the screening.

Arriving in the evening at MXP and staying at the Sheraton IN the MXP airport, right next to car rental offices, is a very easy/affordable way to avoid overwhelming jet lag.

In my opinion, try to get there with a few days to "normalize" yourself before the event... You will have a much more enjoyable stay.

Book everything early if you don't want to pay a fortune or stay too far away.
Eric T.

Postby Eric T. » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Arriving early in Italy will allow you to get acclimated to the surroundings, get your bearings and not be rushed before the event.

There is a nice coffee shop, super market and Laundromat directly across from the Lido.

For those that arrive early... Milan can offer great shopping opportunities and there are many outlet malls in the areas as well.

The Italian winery "circuit" is nothing short of amazing... or a short side trip to Florence to see Michelangelo's "David" are just a couple of examples of things to do.

Ciao
Eric T.

Re:

Postby schindfessel » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:08 pm

hy
i'm philippe from belgium and i don't know how to put my message on the forum which member do i have to add?
can you help me
thanks
schindfessel

Postby Don Ayers » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:29 am

UPDATE:

As of the end of January 2012 the RHS Riva Days event will be closed to inscription.

RHS has reported that they have over 100 boats registered and that the event will be closed at the end of the month.

Inscriptions for boat crew are now closed.

It surely will be an amazing event.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Return to AQ 50 / Carlo 90 2012 Celebration Events