It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:06 pm Advanced search

Olympic sun deck pad (pesce)

Post your technical questions directly related to the Rivaforum here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Olympic sun deck pad (pesce)

Postby Craig » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Back in 2000 when RHS first began at RAM/ Sarnico there was a Riva Magazine which displayed the sundeck of an Olympic which had 3 fishes swimming in a circle and a smaller fish to the side. The artwork was approx 3'X3'. It wasn't believed to be standard issue but I think some do exist and was only seen on Olympics. Can anyone shead any light on this? Why and how many? Was this an aftermarket product? Etc. I have reproduced the art work using adobe software and would like to incorporate it into a project.
Any history would be appreciated.
Grazie in anticipo.

Craig Gregory
Craig

Re: Olympic sun deck pad (pesce)

Postby mattwells » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:27 pm

I've only seen it in the sketch of the boat, never a photo of an actual pad with the print. I'vewondered if they did/do exist. It is very cool.

olympicprint.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mattwells

Re: Olympic sun deck pad (pesce)

Postby Craig » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:45 pm

I found enough art work in Riva publications to reproduce the sun deck fishs (pesce) and apply it to an Olympic sun deck pad. Actually, I painted the art work on canvas using acrilyc paint. The canvas was then fitted to the pad. The size and proportions of the fish are dead on, but that's were the similarities end. Using acrilyc paint allowed the colors to be more vivid and eye catching. Since I did the reproduction as a personal project and a(not for sale) project I just had fun with it. The olympic will be on display at the 2012 lake Tahoe concourse.
Craig

Return to Rivaforum Support