It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:37 am Advanced search

Junior side finish

Post your technical questions directly related to the Rivaforum here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Junior side finish

Postby Bob robertson » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 am

I recently purchased my first Riva Junior, having owned a Hacker and a Chris Craft I'm not that familiar with Rivas yet, I noticed that the sides are painted textured white, is this correct or should the sides by smooth gloss white?
Bob robertson

Re: Junior side finish

Postby martinfeletto » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:03 am

Hi Bob - congrats on the boat and welcome to rivaforum! I am working from memory but I think there is some small texture but I am not sure on that.
martinfeletto

Postby RonSchultz » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 am

I agree with Marty, and like him, am not absolutely certain. Check pics in the various books--perhaps you can tell.
RonSchultz

Postby martinfeletto » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Bob - did you look at either of my past Juniors? I think both were pretty unmolested before. Herbs to. I know its textured, I just don't remember how much. Also I think the paint might be just a notch off of a full gloss. Did you and Michael discuss this because his come out very nice and he got the paint and tip from Herb. Think it was Epifames paint.
martinfeletto

Postby Bob robertson » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Waiting for the opportunity to get down to Sac to see Michael, I've heard that Awl-grip (stark white) is an acceptable finish, pretty sure thats what I'm going to use on my Junior unless I here too many negatives, I'll roll and tip, anybody had any experience with this product?
Bob robertson

Postby Bob robertson » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:01 pm

I saw Herbs and Roy's, Herbs looks a little shiny, I actually like that look, I think it would stay cleaner, Roy's looks more original, more flat and textured
Bob robertson

Return to Rivaforum Support