It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:15 am Advanced search

Chrysler Sea V-80 Engine

Post your technical questions directly related to the Rivaforum here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Chrysler Sea V-80 Engine

Postby asyoulike1 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi,
I urgently need one exhaust manifold for the above Engine. Any leads would be appreciated as one of mine is now beyond repair. The Engine is in my Ariston so I would like to keep the original Engine. I repaired it once but now it is beyond saving
many thanks
Mark
asyoulike1

Re: Chrysler Sea V-80 Engine

Postby Don Ayers » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Mark. Where are you located?
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby asyoulike1 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:52 pm

I am in Australia so would love to track this part down as I will not be boating without it.
Thanks
mark Austin
asyoulike1

Postby Don Ayers » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:43 am

OK, Always helps to understand what part of the world folks are in. Riva boats are in every corner of the globe it seems.

I believe there are replacement manifolds available and will check for you.

What hull number is your Ariston and can you post some pics of your engine and boat? Would be great to see.

Thanks for coming to Riva Forum

PS. Do you have a M-80 engine manual? If not please email me at ccbarrelback@cox.net and I will send you a PDF

Ciao
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby asyoulike1 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi Don,
Thanks for getting back to me. We may have met at Sierra Boat at one of the early Riva days. I know Marty Felletto quite well and Allan Weinstein. Last time we met was at the Riva event in Sarnico for Carlos 90th. I have heard of a Stainless replacement but would prefer to get an original . Our boat is 438 from memory but will check on the weekend. It was originally owned by Mr. Linsenhof the VDO chairman who bought it in 1962. I have the manual but thanks for the offer.
Will try to get a couple of pics for you next week but in the meantime I think we are going to look up Vintage Boat businesses in North America. I remember chasing Intake Manifold parts and these Exhaust manifolds 15 years ago and managed to get some of a gentleman in the U.S who has since passed away and Sierra Boat had nothing at the time either.
So we will keep looking because without it --no boating !!
Regards
Mark
asyoulike1

Postby asyoulike1 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Hi Don,
I did not see your attachment photo but they are the manifolds I am after. I only need one
Thanks
Mark
asyoulike1

Return to Rivaforum Support