It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:03 pm Advanced search

Newbie first questions

Post your technical questions directly related to the Rivaforum here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Newbie first questions

Postby mcnshipwrights » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:29 am

Hi everyone,
This is my first post. We are restoring a SuperAquarama (#428) in New Zealand, on behalf of her owner, and a few issues have come to a head.

The biggest problem has been to order Stoppani products. The local Lechler distributor does not want to help and although I can buy everything I need in Italy, I have not been able to ship inflammable items to Auckland. Any suggestion as to where to buy, and how to ship, would be greatly appreciated. I did use the search field but I did not quite get the answer I was looking for.

As for the hull, she is currently upside down having her ribs replaced. Along the external longitudinals however, there appears to be two foreign objects: some 1/2" pine plywood reinforcements about the length of the engines. Surely these are not original, right? I tried contacting the historical society about this but never got a reply; probably my Italian is now hopeless.

The boat documents suggest she had two Model 320 engines, but she has two model 350 engines (chevy 545 ci). The frame abaft of the engines was originally built, then cut and the middle sections replaced with a flat batten as the ones beneath the engines. Was this a common modification or is it related to the 350 engines? Just curious.

Kind regards,

Marco Scuderi
MCN Shipwrights Ltd
mcnshipwrights

Return to Rivaforum Support