It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 am Advanced search

St. Tropez Serial Number

Post your technical questions directly related to the Rivaforum here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

St. Tropez Serial Number

Postby omar » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi,
I am helping a friend sell his St. Tropez and want to be able to advertise it accurately. I cant find out either the hull number or the year of manufacture or any history regaring his boat. The owner doesnt know these details either.
If anyone can help, I will be grateful.

So here is a funny story for you guys to laugh about. I decided to join the forum as I literally know nothing about Rivas. To me they were just a boat - ok now i am a little more enlightened. So I joined the forum and got to the point where the system asks you a "human question". This is to ensure that the person joining is a real person and not a robot. The question that was asked (to someone who knows nothing about Rivas and has joined the forum to learn a few things) is "what is Carlo's last name?". well that really stumped me. Then the light came on inside my head - obviosuly, there is only ever goinf to be one Carlos Santana!!! I tried Santana with a big beaming smile on my face thinking "Yes".... but that got rejected....... hahaha Finally, some Google research later, I figured it out.

Regards
Omar
omar

Re: St. Tropez Serial Number

Postby Terry » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:23 am

Can't help with the St Tropez but the 'one' Carlos Santana I know is a great musician........ Unless you are talking about the baseball player?

Good luck with the St Tropez :D
Terry

Postby Don Ayers » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Marty Feletto has a St. Tropez and might be able to direct where to find hull number and year
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby martinfeletto » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Look for the build number in the back compartment, between the fuel tanks, up by the swim steps.

I believe Riva made just over 300 St Tropez boats.
martinfeletto

Postby martinfeletto » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:17 pm

Also, on the floorboards in the middle compartment between the driver seats, the hull number is stamped on the bottom of the removable floorboards. I think also in the rear compartment.
martinfeletto

Postby omar » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:05 pm

You guys are just great. Many thanks.
I will go to the boat and look in these specific areas.
Yes I believe 318 boats were built. Now that I know what shape these thigs are, I know what to look o ut for. I chanced upon yet another St. Tropez on a trailer in the industrial area of Dubai. For such a rare boat, there are two that I know of within 2 miles of ach other.

I still laugh at the Carlos Sanata joke - although at the time it was slightly frustrating.
Thanks again guys
Omar
omar

Return to Rivaforum Support