It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:17 am Advanced search

Junior textured side paint

Post your technical questions directly related to the Rivaforum here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Junior textured side paint

Postby Les Pattinson » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:06 am

Hi. New to Rivaforum. Rebuilding 1967 Junior no148. Replaced the keel and bottom etc. Up to repainting the sides and I have come to a dead end with the textured white finish! Overall, the sides are in good order, but a few seams around the bow have started to show, as well as the odd fastening has blown and cracked the paint. Attempting to repair the damage, but trying to match the textured finish is going to be a challenge! Keeping the boat as close to original as I can. All the Riva Juniors I have seen have this Textured finish, unless modified by owners later. I believe it was for low-maintaince and easy cleaning. I have heard it called 'Utility finish' and all were finished in a 'flat' white gloss, just add matting agent to gloss. But, does anybody know how they got that 'textured finish'. Was it in the paint or sprayed on? If so, what product?
Thanks.
Les Pattinson

Re: Junior textured side paint

Postby martinfeletto » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:04 am

Did you ever get an answer to your question? See the discussion on the board index regarding the paint. Bob Robertson was researching.

Marty Feletto
martinfeletto

Postby africantiger » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:32 am

My junior, no 575, has no textured paint at all, all white is glossy and sprayed
regards
africantiger

Postby Eric T. » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:34 am

Your paint may have been changed in the process of restoration??
Eric T.

Postby africantiger » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Just completing restoration on Junior 575, factory supplied stoppani matt white. Looking nice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
africantiger

Postby Don Ayers » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Looks Great!!!! I really like the look and feel of the texture white hull sides.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Return to Rivaforum Support