It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:41 am Advanced search

Super Ariston

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Pose your questions about how Riva boats left the factory in Sarnico here.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Super Ariston

Postby fudi50 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:27 am

Let me start by way of introduction my name is David Alchin and I reside in Modesto CA a Brit! And lest there be any confusion I do not own a classic Riva. My interest lays in the model world for more years than I care to recall, my profesion was metal finishing and chrome plating on Pebble Beach exotic classics.
Both Don Ares and Martin Feletto have seen my 1/4 scale work in progress RC model 1970 Super Ariston I started this model from the 1/10th drawings in the jacket of Riva "The Myth" and scaled up to 1/4 this was in 2004 I ran in to lots of problems due to inacuracies of the drawings, and then I did not have the skill to reproduce the toe rail untill a few months ago when I was forrtunate eenough to find a guy in Wyoming who did them for me.
as of this moment in time the hull, deck, transom is finished including the white wood planking strips. the running gear including the electric motor is installed the scale skeg rudder ect., is hand and made chrome plated and installed,
What I require now is information pictures and dimensions of the hardware for me to replicate. I will either machine, silver solder parts together or use loss wax and have parts cast, all of which at a later date I will poilsh ready for chrome.
My first request is dimensions of the exhaust 1 its diameter 2 its length from the transom 3 thickness 4 the flange diameter 5 flange thickness 6 how many screw holes 6 was the flange elongated overall or round and the center elongated for the pipe entry.
I thank all in advance for help to replicate as close as my skills will allow a close as scale model that Carlo would appreciate.
Does this site have spell check would help me a bunch!
fudi50

Re: Super Ariston

Postby Don Ayers » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:05 am

DAvid

Thank you for your post.

Sorry for the delay. I've been away on travel.

I will have some time on Monday to post some answers to your questions.

Ciao

Don
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby Don Ayers » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:40 am

David;

The cutwater rest under the bow plate just a bit. Here is a pic of the nose plate I think you are working on.

The exhaust ring has six holes (correction, it has FIVE) in my Ariston. the plate is about 1/8" thick. The pipe sticks out about 2 to 2.5 inch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby Don Ayers » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:15 pm

David ;

here is a picture of the AQ dash VDO instruments
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby fudi50 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Don,
I posted a reply a few moments ago with picture attachments I can not find them now did you get them ? I went to look at them and Oops! saaid page out of time but I was no where as long as your video ?
did you see the other replies i sent such as the switches.
Davaid
fudi50

Postby fudi50 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Bow Light
fudi50

Postby fudi50 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Managed to post one I'll try an add the other 4
fudi50

Postby fudi50 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Just to clarify my picture posts. The Bow Light housing I made of fibre glass and is glued to the inside of the hull and also sealed around the light bulb housing to ensure a water tight area. Light is via 9 volt power. I am unsure as to if there is a gasket on the hull exterior flange plate ?
Regarding the transom I took advice from you and rounded out the back like a barrel back must agree it look far better now.
Martin sent me pictures via his phone of the exhaust and I made mine to suit however mine are 3.32" in thickness to allow for the no 1 screw countersink what type of screws I suspect round head countersunk no such beast in the model world.
I'll take any and all input to achieve the end result.
Instruments Don what I need are individual pictures without glare to reproduce 1/4 scale I use Calie Graphics for my art work I send her a picture of the original and the exact size to fit my bezels. Can you help there.
re the cut water I bouught the brass today but whaat about the dividing quadrant is it half round or oval agian for problem
with screws I have to use 3/8 oval or round which give ne a scale of 1"1/4" when I did my Sea Maid I use 1/4' round and it was flimsy and if I were not in the shop to handle my self the bright nickel would have cracked at the holes. Have to sacrafice some scale fidelity
David
fudi50

Postby fudi50 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:44 am

Hi Don,
Exhaust is in position what angle should the flute face pictures seem to show slightly up and inward ?
The Brit
fudi50

Postby Don Ayers » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Here is the way it should be positioned.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Return to Research Related