It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:04 am Advanced search

Inlet Manifold

Keeping your powerboat under power is a lot easier with good advice. Post your power systems questions here.

Moderators: Eric T., Don Ayers, martinfeletto, RonSchultz

Inlet Manifold

Postby Goose Chase » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Inlet Manifold
I am trying to locate 3 only inlet manifolds for the 350 GM Chris Craft motor. Does anyone know where you can get these? Someone said they were now available but as yet I am unable to establish where to get them.
Neil Gillon
Goose Chase

Re: Inlet Manifold

Postby Don Ayers » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:20 am

Neil;

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your question. Would these be low rise manifolds?

Would have to assume they would be for a Riva application. For clearance purposes?

Perhaps Eric T knows
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Ayers
Oklahoma
1959 Ariston 266
Don Ayers

Postby Eric T. » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Currently out of production.

Some used manifolds in good condition can be found... be careful what you buy, there are a lot that are simply junk out there...

There are a couple of shops that have new manifolds in stock that have not sold-out yet as well...but the price is a bit high. These reproductions are not exactly as original, but are so close that most will not notice the difference.

Also, are you looking for a "concourse correct" intake manifold for a precise restoration or for manifolds that work perfectly but may not be exactly as original?

Although I'm not in the parts business... I'm happy to help out a fellow Riva aficionado.
Click on the "PM" box under my name and send me a private message.. I may be able to help out.
Eric T.

Postby Goose Chase » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Thank you for your reply and help
I spent the day on the telephone and on the web and these manifolds are definitely in short supply.

The existing originals are available on eBay etc but if they require any work it will be very difficult if not impossible to refurbish them. I looked hard a quite a few but they are un-serviceable from what I could see.

After a very long search I tracked down 4 at the same supplier – it was all he had and he bought a job lot about 10 years ago and these are the last of them. I did not manage to find any others at all..

I have a set of motors in the boat and a spare set I carry around on the transport truck. I am in the process of tiding up the so called new refurbished motors I put in this year (see Crankshaft Keyway Failer) and just about to completely refurbish Original Motors – they have done around 1,500/1,700 hours so are a bit loose!
Goose Chase

Return to Engines & Powertrain